Saturday, December 13, 2014

GETTING YOUR SPARK BACK

Have you ever lost your spark? You know…that inner glow, that yearning for more, that desire and motivation to take control and create your life?

Events are great for igniting your spark, but to keep it burning, it needs to come from within. How do you re-kindle that spark when it feels like you have lost it?
We learn so much through Beyond Freedom Evolution about creating our lives, but sometimes, life can throw challenges at you and it’s easy to become overwhelmed by it all. I have had many challenges thrown at me over the past 4 or 5 years, and even though I remained positive to a degree, somewhere along the way I lost my spark, my inner drive. I knew what my WHY was – the reason I wanted to create a successful home business, but it didn’t seem enough to motivate me. Something was missing. I lacked motivation. The drive to succeed was almost non-existent. I had a lot of head knowledge on how this business works and what it takes to succeed, but it wasn’t translating into actions.
Towards the end of my career working in a corporate job, I found myself getting up most days and thinking and saying: “I don’t want to go to work”. In essence what I really meant was that I no longer wanted to work for someone else. I was terribly unhappy in a job where I had been moved into a position that allowed me to work part-time around caring for my disabled husband. I had agreed to the move as I was given no other option, but this was not a position that I had truly chosen and not a position that I enjoyed or that used my skill-set. Every day was a grind. Every day I was unable to meet the targets set for me. Every day was wearing me down. So, I left that job in April this year, and then went on to finish our minor house renovations, put the house on the market, move interstate and then deal with a financial situation we had created for ourselves due to poor decisions we had previously made. It certainly has been a ride.
So what has kept me going?
Making a commitment to my own personal growth, I chose to prioritise my personal development with Beyond Freedom Evolution as part of my daily method of operation (DMO). It has been key to my growth as a human being – learning finer distinctions about this thing we call life and overcoming many obstacles to really living on purpose.
For a while I thought there was some kind of block – that there must have been some limiting belief standing in my way. Through my personal development I worked on many topics hoping to release whatever was holding me back. Examining concepts such as Be, Do, Have, (and thinking about who I was Being), Being your Higher Self and having conversations with my Future Self really helped me to realise that I was burnt out because I was not being true to who I wanted to be. I had not been looking after myself. I had been pushing myself to the limits to get everything done without any thoughts of my physical or mental health. My life was not balanced. I didn’t make time for me. I was burning the candle at both ends before our move – working on the house from early in the morning to late and then packing, caring for hubby and then trying to do a little personal development at the end of the day as I fell into bed – most times falling asleep part way through. Since our move it has been my goal to become more balanced – to take time out to breathe, to go for a walk on the beach, to make time to go sit in my massage chair, or paint my nails. I’m giving myself the space to breathe, to think and to just BE!
And do you know what? I’ve got my spark back! The last couple of weeks I have been waking up excited about my business. I’m calling my prospects with more enthusiasm that I have had in a long time. I am enjoying creating ads and increasing my marketing. I am excited about what I can create in the coming months and years. This is a big deal! This is not false or fake excitement or a spark generated from others….this is my own inner joy and excitement glowing from within. Giving myself the space to just exist has made my soul flourish. Flowery words….but I just mean that I feel more complete, more alive, sparkier and more on purpose…and I’m really grateful for that.
When life is in balance you are so much better equipped for creating the live you truly deserve.
What can you do today to give yourself the space you need to Be, Exist, Grow and Flourish?

No comments:

Post a Comment